27 May 2014
Koha Version 3.16 Released
The Koha community is pleased to announce the release of version 3.16.0 of the Koha library automation system.
Koha 3.16 is an enhancement and bugfix release.
See the Community Website for full details of the new release.
Changes of particular note include:
- There is now the ability to use different templates for notices based on how the notice is to be sent. For example, is now possible to use different wording for email and SMS hold notifications.
- Users can now unselect active facets when refining search results.
- Search history can be now displayed and managed in the staff interface.
- Loan checkins can now be backdated to an arbitrary date.
- Holds can now be individually suspended and resumed from the OPAC.
- The index update script can now operate as a daemon, allowing the indexes to be updated within seconds of a catalog record getting updated.
- It is now possible for a patron to invite another to share a private list (very useful for collaborative projects).
- The system can alert if a borrower is trying to take out another copy of a title they already have.
- New permissions control whether a staff member can waive overdues.
- ...and much more.
Interleaf 55-57 Southern Cross Business Park, Boghall Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow, A98 YD30 Tel: +353 1 2865855 Fax: +353 1 2865899